Monday, January 17, 2011

This week...baskets

Amy's Creative Side


Amy is holding another challenge! I have yet to win one of these, but the beauty of Amy's challenges are that even if you don't win the prize, you still get a finished project out of it.

My goal for this week is going to be to finish the 12 blocks I have cut out for my latest quilt project. I have one done right now and a bunch more in progress.



I am chain piecing (here is a really great explanation of what that is), but I ran out of both thread, and white on white prints for the backgrounds this week. Add to those a few misdirected half square triangles and I have a few blocks almost done, a few just cut out and a couple that are half finished. I can't wait to be done with them all! I have been wanting to make basket blocks out of large floral prints for a long time. I initially planned on buying some Kaffe Fassett, but I'm glad I waited because the Amy Butler fat quarters I got for Christmas are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!