Sunday, May 17, 2009

Aloha

I made this little bracelet for a luau themed sweet sixteen party I was invited to.

I really had no idea what kind of gift to get for the girl, but I saw these hibiscus looking glass beads and thought I'd try something I hadn't done in a long, long time: macrame.


It always amazes me that my hands remember what to do. Macrame is really relaxing, and I find that I don't even need to look at it when I do it anymore. I absolutely love it! It does require a lot of material though. I think the rule of thumb is something like 3 times the length that you want the finished product. So even though I am now longing to do a pretty bag, I think my 18 month old is going to make it very difficult to cart that much string around. Oh well, he's worth the sacrifice.




1 comment:

  1. Macrame...now there's a word I haven't heard since the late 1970s.

    It turned out really nice...maybe I'll have to re-learn macrame.

    ~Keli

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!