Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Moments: Scrapbook Edition

It's Monday! Okay, I'm really not excited about it being Monday. It is the first Monday in February, though which means Riley Blake will be releasing the second block in their Mystery Block of the Month in one week. You can still join and be completely caught up! If you need inspiration check out the board on Pinterest, mine is the owl one

Monday also means that last night was a Speed Scrap (yes, even with the Superbowl on...and I was thankful for it during the half hour of "Let's report what's going on with the lights"). I made a page for my 2013 book that I had been wanting to scrap for awhile. 

Kit is All the Pretty Ponies with added princess from here.
This is a photo from our granddaughter's visit with us. She loved playing with that Little People castle, and even though her mom says she doesn't want princess stuff, I am seriously tempted to buy one for her first birthday just to see that little grin again! So cute! 

All the Pretty Ponies again. Sketch inspiration found here
I used the same kit to scrap Caroline's first birthday, which was one of the few pages I needed to finish for 2012! I'm happy to say that book is now done and you won't see quite as many layout posts from me now! 

Kit is On the Road with extra papers & embellishments from Flakes and Fun
I had a hole in my book in the tail end. I wasn't going to scrap any more Christmas pictures, but I absolutely needed an extra in order to keep a two page layout together, so now each of the kids have their own page about driving through the tree farm (the other is here). 


I made this page for a layout contest on Persnickety Prints Facebook page. You had to use a free kit that was provided for 90% of your page. I didn't win, but the woman who did deserved it so much more than I did! You can see the winners and download the kit (still free) for a limited time on their website! 


You can see a little more of the kit here in the back cover I made for my book. The front cover was just a mirror image of this with a title instead of a photo. I figured the back is probably more interesting to view on its own..ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!