Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I have been bitten

The paper piecing bug has bitten me hard! Now that I know I can do it, I find myself absentmindedly searching Flikr for New York Beauties

I'm sure I will tackle some, eventually. In the meantime, I had an idea for a mini involving my tea kettle and searched for a tea cup to make. I found this pattern and it was free! Score! 

I made tea cup number two. I liked it, and it was pretty easy, except that my little experience led me to follow the directions instead of doing what I thought was right..and then unpick some seams. If you want to attempt it, switch numbers 7 and 8. Other than that, no complaints. 

I think the size scales well with my kettle. Plus, I got to use some of the decorative stitches on my machine! Ideally I'd like to pair these two with some broken dishes and/or some Dresden plates. I think just the names of those blocks make them good matches for kitchenware. 

1 comment:

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!