Thursday, July 21, 2011

Testing



I saw a picture of a quilt I really liked in a magazine and thought I knew how to make the blocks from it. It's a good thing that I grabbed some fabrics from my stash to test my theory, because I was obviously wrong. Turns out, using my shortcut, the green pieces end up in the wrong spot exactly half of the time.

After coming to my realization, I went and downloaded the free pattern. The block size is about twice what I need, but at least I now know how they constructed it. I'm sad that I get to spend another day at the cutting board trying to figure out measurements before I finally get to break into the good fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!