Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mini



My friend Keli works almost exclusively in miniatures. She's incredibly crafty and I am always admiring her patience and the product of that patience. She'll tell you she's just stubborn, but it really is more than that. Anyway, Keli is currently working on a 1:24 scale dollhouse and in that dollhouse is a 1:144 scale dollhouse.

I have only ever worked on one miniature anything. A few years ago, my step-son bought his dad a 1:35 scale model of a tank. A pretty cool gift for a guy who spent his whole childhood building models.

Turns out though, my husband quit the models because he hated the detailed, intricate painting part of it. So he said, "I'll build the tank, but I won't paint it." My step-son said, "I'll paint the tank, but I won't paint the guys." And so the guys fell to me.

I'm posting them for two reasons, the first being that Keli's miniatures had me thinking of them and how hard it was to get detail in such a tiny scale, and how much of an amateur I obviously am. The second reason is that during the move, my husband left the tank where my son could reach it on the very edge of the counter top, thus ensuring its destruction. I just wanted my hard work on these apparently huge army men, to be chronicled somewhere before they were tossed in the trash with the rest of the rubble.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, those are great! Now I know who to farm some teeny painting out to ;)

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!