Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Moments

I was all set today to post the hospital photos of baby Caroline, then, as I was sitting down to the computer something amazing happened. Gabe wanted some orange juice and I asked him if he would like to be a big boy and use his step-ladder to get a cup from the cupboard. He said, "How about I hold the baby and you get the cup?"

Giving up his status as the baby has not been easy on him. Things that he was never allowed to do before, are suddenly blamed on the baby when he can't do them now. No candy for breakfast? No playing outside by himself? No jumping on the bed? Nobody loves me, they just love the baby!

Him asking to hold her this morning was a big occasion. I'm so proud of my boy.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo. Let him help with the baby as much as possible. I wish I had let my son interact with his sister more. Maybe they would have gotten along better as they grew up. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!