Saturday, December 12, 2009

Busy Bee



A few years ago, on my tiny single girl budget I decided that to make my family's Christmas gifts more special I'd buy those cheap plaster ornaments and hand paint them with each person's name to use as gift tags. I unwittingly started a family tradition for my sister. When my niece was born another ornament with Ava written on it was at the top of my sister's Christmas list. This year, with the new baby, she didn't even ask, but I figured she was probably expecting it. I searched around and found the cutest little reindeer ornament. I painted it, adorably, I might add. And then I wrapped it. Without taking it's picture to show you all. I realized it as I got it downstairs and put it in the gift pile and kicked myself. Not literally.



Speaking of...look at this pile! I have been a very busy bee this year. Very busy.



And that isn't even all of it. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone I showed you, but this little broom closet is where Santa is stashing his loot this year.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's quite an impressive stash of presents! We decided that we're only buying for Julian this year since we're broke ass poor - and it's kind of nice not to have to worry about stuff. But still, I really wish I could give gifts to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, we aren't spending much. I am flipping through every sale ad, clipping every coupon and getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to hit the "doorbuster" prices. I've managed $32 worth of bath towels for $8.47 and a $180 winter coat for $62, and filled my mom's entire Christmas list (at least the one she gave me)yesterday ($70 worth of stuff) for $23.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being frugal is a rush :) I got four $170 winter coats for around $50 each.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!